Sections of the WHW route
(Distances measured by a Garmin 205 so there will be some degree of inaccuracy)
For a description of the route by John Kynaston click on the link. Between December 2017 and March 2018 the full route will be uploaded. These descriptions will be part of the whw race podcast series.
- Milngavie to Drymen (12.11miles)
- Drymen to Balmaha (6.84miles) overall 18.95miles
- Balmaha to Rowardennan (7.70miles) overall 26.65miles
- Rowardennan to Inversnaid (7.26miles) overall 33.91miles
- Inversnaid to Beinglas Farm (6.63miles) overall 40.54miles
- Beinglas Farm to Auchtertyre (9.54miles) overall 50.08miles
- Auchtertyre to Bridge of Orchy (9.26miles) overall 59.34miles
- Bridge of Orchy to Glencoe Ski Lodge (10.82miles) overall 70.16miles
- Glencoe Ski Lodge to Kinlochleven (10.55miles) overall 80.71miles
- Kinlochleven to Lundavra (7.58miles) overall 88.29miles
- Lundavra to Fort William (6.99miles) overall 95.28miles
If you would to see the route in more detail and to download the gpx file of the route the go to the link below. This gpx file was supplied by Kenny Tindall when he ran the 2017 race.