The entries for the 2020 WHW Race will be open throughout November 2019 on SI Entries. We have decided to make some changes to the rules around support for the 2020 race. A summary of the new support rules is outlined below:
- Having motorised support for the full race remains a condition of race entry. One support person is required up to Auchtertyre and two from Auchtertyre Farm to the finish in Fort William.
- A member of the support crew is required to attend registration in Milngavie with their runner.
- In addition to being at the start, the support crew is required to meet their runner at the checkpoints at Auchtertyre Farm, Glencoe, Kinlochleven and the finish in Fort William.
- It is no longer mandatory for the support crew to meet their runner at the Balmaha, Rowardennan or Bridge of Orchy checkpoints. Crews are welcome to meet their runner at these places if they wish, but are not required to do so. If they choose not to meet their runner at those checkpoints, they need to have arrangements in place to collect their runner should there be an issue or the runner needs to withdraw.
- Due to difficulties with access, no support crews are allowed to meet their runner at Beinglas Farm.
- No crews are allowed to meet their runner at any point from the top of Loch Lomond until Crianlarich.
Details of the link to the entry page on SI Entries will be posted on the race website before 1st November 2019.
If you want to read the full rules go to the tab Race – Rules