Tuesday 9th February 2016 – 7.00pm-9.00pm(ish)
Tollbooth Arts centre, Jail Wynd, Stirling FK8 1DE
An informal evening of advice and inspiration for anyone or their support crew tackling this iconic epic challenge for the first or fifteenth time or any similar or shorter ultra challenge like the Highland Fling, Devil o’ the Highlands etc
* TESS CAPPER Performance sport nutritionist will talk on the importance of good nutrition in training for endurance athletes. Tess also has undertaken studies on Beetroot juice , much loved by endurance athletes. She is also performance nutritionist for Edinburgh Academicals rugby team http://www.thescottishnutritionist.com
* DR. CHRIS ELLIS and SEAN STONE of the Race medical team on what warning signals to look out for when running distances of 50 miles plus.
* WEST HIGHLAND WAY QUESTION TIME.
Whether you are aiming to Compete or Complete,your chance to ask our panel of totally experienced ultra runners about anything from Training to Trainers, Support crew to From Race prep to Race food
* DEBBIE AND MARCO CONSANI, Who seem to juggle work and family while being GB ultra distance athletes.
Marco has a best WHW of 16.03.48 (2013)and recently moved to no 2 on the Scottish 24 hr list with his 256 km(159 miles) in Barcelona. Debbie has a best WHW of 19.39.57 (2011), was 5th lady at 2015 Spartathlon, and is the Scottish ladies 100 mile record holder.
* FIONNA ROSS is also a GB ultra international, was ladies WHW champion in 2014 in 18.45.04 and is the Scottish ladies 12 hour and 24 hour record holder
* TONY THISTLETHWAITE is our “Non elite” member of the panel. The legendary Strathaven Strider has completed the WHW 12 times, with a best of 22.48.19 in 2008. He has more completions than our other panelists between them, so does know a wee bit about how mere mortals can tackle “The Way”.
ANDY NORMAN , from RON HILL, will be on hand to talk about and show some samples of key kit that should be on everyone’s kit list.
To book your place go to Entry Central …… http://www.entrycentral.com/west-highland-way-race